Just Keep Growing (Pt. 2) - Libby Moore
When you work toward a major goal, what do you expect from yourself?
It’s so tempting to expect perfection out of your mind, body, and just yourself overall. But really, when you set yourself up to expect perfection, you’re truly only setting yourself up for failure.
When Libby Moore was Oprah’s Chief of Staff, she expected perfection from herself. Every time she inevitably made a mistake or something didn’t go as planned, she would promise to herself and Oprah that will never happen again. Of course, it happened again, and more mistakes would follow from there.
In response, Oprah told Libby, “I don’t expect you to be perfect. I expect you to do your best.”
With that unnecessary stress and strife lifted off her shoulders, Libby continued growing and improving herself through her work. She learned that the more you are your authentic self, the more people will gravitate to you, the more your career will rise, and the happier you’ll be.
So get ready to listen to Libby Moore’s fascinating journey to self-acceptance, personal and professional fulfillment, and how she shares this mindset with others now.
Some Questions I Ask:
• How did you earn Oprah’s trust: (1:03)
• How did you make sure you continued learning and growing through your work? (6:07)
• How did you handle conflicts with Oprah and how were they resolved? (11:18)
• Why did you leave your job as Oprah’s Chief of Staff? (16:12)
• What type of work are you doing now? (24:58)
• Knowing what you know now, what would you tell your 25-year-old self? (33:11)
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
• What a Chief of Staff’s day-to-day work looks like. (7:01)
• How Libby always stands in her truth in the face of conflict. (12:07)
• How Libby knew that her work with Oprah had served its purpose. (16:38)
• Why Libby always challenges what people tell her to do. (21:46)
• How Libby reframes her mind to routinely get back to the basics. (26:42)
Connect with Libby Moore: